Chemical Bonds & Reactions
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Chemical Bonds & Reactions Lecture Materials
These are the Chemical Bonds & Reactions Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
Versions of Inorganic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
Assignment for students to take home or complete at the end of the lecture. This tool helps the students review the main messages of the lecture while allowing the instructor to assess the class' understanding of the material
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple-choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions are designed to help you better understand inorganic chemistry.
MORE INORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESOURCES
The Chemical Bonds, Reactions & Notation Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
- links to related educational resources
Need Help with Chemistry?
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
- Understand how atoms, molecules and compounds are represented using chemical symbols & formulas.
- What is the difference between a molecule and a compound? (Remember, all compounds are molecules but all molecules aren't compounds. Explain.)
- What is the difference between a mixture and a compound?
- What is an ionic bond? An ionic compound?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What makes a covalent bond polar? Nonpolar?
- What is an oxidation reduction reaction? What happens when a substance is oxidized? What happens when a substance is reduced?
- What are the three basic reaction types?
- Of the three basic reaction types, dehydration is what type of chemical reaction?
Page last updated: 5/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.