Cell Cycle: Mitosis
from Science Prof Online
Cell Division: Mitosis Lecture Materials
are the FREE Cell Cycle: Mitosis Lecture materials used to supplement actual
college biology courses.
- What is the relationship between replication and mitosis?
- What are the two main phases of the cell cycle?
- What are the stages of mitosis, and what happens at each phase?
- If DNA is condensed into chromosomes, is the cell in interphase or mitosis?
- If the DNA is not condensed, if it is in the form of chromatin, is the cell in interphase or mitosis?
- If a cell has a total of 6 chromosomes, how many chromosomes will each of its daughter cells have after mitosis?
- What is cytokinesis and when does it occur?
- How does cytokinesis of a plant and animal cell differ?
Versions of Mitosis PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Mitosis Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
Page last updated: 2/2016
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
All homework available on this page may not be assigned for class. See our Homework and Reading Schedule to determine what is due.
See the following link to access the podcast that this
Here is what you need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle or Homework & Reading Schedule for additional readings.
PRACTICE TEST & REVIEW QUESTIONS
These multiple choice / matching practice test questions and essay review questions designed to help you better understand the material from this lecture.
MORE MITOSIS LINKS
WHICH GENETIC TRAITS DO YOU HAVE?